Monday, June 22, 2015



Sun Flowers 11"x 14"  NFS

Where have I been?  In la la land!!!!  It's been a crazy year, with many ups and downs!  I lost my brother in September and a very good friend the same week.  No excuse, but I'm BACK doing what I love!  Painting & Teaching

This is one of my favorite paintings I did last year using the "Mechanics of Painting".  What's that? It's a painting style/technique that links back to the impressionists. A couple of years ago I took a week long workshop with Jerry Fresia www.fresia.com on Lake Como Italy.  Yelp!  The trip of a life time, our 25th anniversary, my gift from my husband. 

Jerry studied with Bill Schultz, who with a couple of his students started the Impressionist Society of America.  His techniques are linked back to Monet through his teachers.  My oil painting studies have been with teachers that have a link, through their teachers, to Monet and the impressionist.  

This past February Jerry came to Florida.  Lucky me I was the head assistant.....for me that was a big deal.  Lots of fun and lots of learning.  The Sunflower painting was painted using this techniques. Going forward I plan on teaching this technique at the Beach Art Center in the fall.  If you want to study with the "master" himself,  he's planning another wonderful workshop in February 2016 in St. Petersburg, Fl.  Check it out!!!  






No comments: