After a great trip North to South Carolina, DC and Boston, we made it back to the Sunshine State! Everyone thinks it hot here, well it's hotter in SC and DC. Plus they don't have that wonderful ocean breeze. We had many adventures, plus a few internet problems.... I forgot how slow slow can be! Our Summer Series is on Week 5 with the Octopus....you can see the video on my youtube channel. We will finish the series next week with the Seahorse. I hope you've enjoyed the projects. I plan on incorporating the new colors; Lemon Yellow or Permanent Yellow, Cadmium Red, Permanent Rose or Quinacridone Red, Cobalt Violet, Manganese Blue or Cerulean Blue. I finally decided after 30 years of the normal palette (Burnt Sienna, Gamboge, Hooker's Green Dark, Ultramarine Blue, Indigo, Alizarin Crimson and White Gouache) it was time for a CHANGE! Happy Painting!
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas SOLD The challenge today was to paint RED ! How many reds in the paint world are there! Well I think a lot!!!!! I had at least 6 tubes out ........the transparent of the skin was the hardest to get.....I love the yummy reds against the cools of the table cloth. I added a little light green, but it didn't show up in the photograph. This painting is much better than the picture.... you can't see the impressionist colors juxtapose together. Anyone doing the challenge can't help but get better......what fun! Thanks Leslie!
Indian Rocks Beach 4" x 4" Good Morning! It's been a very busy time, we took a cruise to Cuba. Grand kids visited, and teaching at the Beach Art Center and Maderia Beach Library. It was a great mini vacation, but I was so disappointed in Havana. It's a very poor country, not as colorful as I imagined. The city is crumbling! The cars were beautiful, enjoyed seeing Hemingway's Home. While we were at sea, I decided to paint miniatures! I belonged to the miniature society of Florida about 15 years ago. I studied with Jeanne Dunn, a true miniaturist! I forgot how much fun it is to translate the shapes, values and design to a very small space.
Comments