Round About "Cupcake"

8" x 8" Oil on Board

Last morning of class Dreama challenged us to a "round about" where each artist
starts a painting from a photograph that Dreama gave us.  We were to work on 
each  painting for about 5 minutes, you got to take your brush but
that was it!  What fun! Five other artist worked on this cupcake that I
just love.....what a wonderful take away from all the new friends.  I got to work on a
sunflower, a flower in a glass and another cupcake.  A couple of the photographs were
upside down......they always say you can trick your brain into seeing the shapes
not knowing what it is....next week is the HOOT (Heart of Ohio Tole) Convention.
I will be teaching 3 classes, plus a demo on Wednesday on Color Theory.  This will be
my 20th year teaching....where has the time gone?  Thanks to a wonderful lady and
teacher Betty Denton. After I had been painting for about 2 years I got to
take a class with her and it changed my life.  She taught me how to paint
step by step, with a limited palette. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home

White Tulips