"Tea Time Step 1"

8" x 10"
Oil on Canvas Board

This is my latest "Student Project", I will be teaching this at The Beach Art Center. We will start this project next Tuesday Morning (March 6, 2007).

This is the first step of blocking the big shapes. I mixed Ultramarine Blue plus Alizarin Crimson to make the Dark Purple for the background. Using a #8 Filbert Hog Bristle Brush I blocked in the background. As I progress toward the foreground I brush mixed in White paint toward the right side of the canvas. Next I wanted to warm up the left side (light source) I pick up a little Cadmium Yellow.

Next I block in the shadow side of the cup by brush mixing a little Ultramarine Blue to the dirty brush, thus turning the mix more gray. I applied a thin layer of t his on the right side of the cup plus the spoon and tea bag.

I put the painting aside overnight to let the paint dry to the touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home

Cherries Squared - Day 11